Spring, called the “open house season” by some, is traditionally a busy time in real estate. This year is no exception. With a strong real estate market and more buyers than houses for sale, this spring could be a good time to sell.
In the mindset of spring cleaning, here are some tips for sellers to freshen up their listing.
- PHOTOS. Change any promotional photos of your home that are out of season (make sure there are no holiday decorations). Photos should be bright and clean so that buyers can envision themselves moving into the space.
- SIGNAGE. Make sure the for sale sign really shines. You can use window cleaner.
- STAGING. Read more about that in our article The Importance of Home Staging.
- SMALL IMPROVEMENTS. A fresh coat of paint and clean landscaping can do wonders.
- OPEN HOUSE. Fresh flowers, refreshments – bring the energy of Spring into the home. Talk to your realtor about how to make your open house inviting and memorable.
Remember, it’s always good to communicate your realtor about all this and more. If you’re interested in Sanibel real estate–whether you’re buying, selling, or just looking–contact one of our knowledgable Sanibel realtors, search our MLS for available properties, or get in touch with our office at 239-272-2411 for general inquiries. We’re also more than happy to help you find the Sanibel realtor that’s the right fit for you.
This article is provided by John R Wood Properties, a full service Sanibel Island real estate agency made of people who love where they live as much as what they do. With local knowledge and decades of combined experience, our Sanibel and Captiva Island realtors are passionate and dedicated to exceeding your real estate needs.
About the author: Nina Rogers is a writer, designer, and illustrator who grew up on Sanibel Island. As a Communications Content Manager for John R Wood Properties, Nina enjoys keeping people updated with the latest in local news and Sanibel real estate.